Enteropathy sentence example
- This contributes to mucosal inflammation - " alcoholic enteropathy " .
- The disorder may alternatively be termed gluten-sensitive enteropathy or non-tropical sprue.
- It is a disease called celiac disease, or gluten-sensitive enteropathy.
- Celiac disease is also called sprue, nontropical sprue, gluten sensitive enteropathy, and celiac sprue.
- Also called gluten enteropathy or nontropical sprue.Advertisement
- Some patients also suffer loss of protein from the body that often results in low blood levels of albumin and total protein (protein-losing enteropathy) due to increased GI tract permeability.
- The condition may also be associated with protein-losing enteropathy, low levels of iron in the blood serum or in the bone marrow (iron-deficiency anemia), or impaired absorption of nutrients by the intestines (malabsorption).
- Protein-losing enteropathy may lead to abnormally large amounts of fluid in the intercellular tissue spaces of the body (edema), abdominal distension, and lack of red blood cells (anemia).
- As of 2004 there is no cure for eosinophilic gastroenteropathies, and outcomes depend on the specific enteropathy.