Enterobacterial sentence example
- Enterobacterial infections are disorders of the digestive tract and other organ systems produced by a group of rod-shaped bacteria called Enterobacteriaceae.
- Enterobacterial infections can be produced by bacteria that normally live in the human digestive tract without causing serious disease or by bacteria that enter from the outside.
- Enterobacterial infections in the digestive tract typically start when the organisms invade the mucous tissues that line the digestive tract.
- It is also possible for enterobacterial infections to spread by person-to-person contact.
- Enterobacterial infections are one of the two leading killers of children in developing countries.Advertisement
- E. coli infections cause most of the enterobacterial infections in the United States.
- The symptoms of enterobacterial infections are sometimes classified according to the type of diarrhea they produce.
- In order to confirm a diagnosis of enterobacterial infection, physicians usually rely on patient history, physical examination, and laboratory tests.
- The diagnosis of enterobacterial infections is complicated by the fact that viruses, protozoa, and other types of bacteria can also cause diarrhea.
- The initial treatment of enterobacterial diarrhea is usually empiric.Advertisement
- Because of the extensive media coverage that often follows outbreaks of enterobacterial infections such as E. coli, many parents associate such infections with eating undercooked meat such as hamburger.