Ensconced sentence example
- I am thankfully ensconced in my perfect house on wheels, mended in body but seething in mind.
- The Piazza del Museo marks the site of the forum, and the museum on its north side is ensconced in a Corinthian temple with three cellae, by some attributed to Hercules, but more probably the Capitolium of the city, erected by Vespasian in A.D.
- Years from now, when he was comfortably ensconced in his Ouray, Colorado bed and breakfast, he'd often look back on this day as the turning point in his life, but for now it was only the start of yet another five work days.
- There she was fairly comfortably ensconced in a suite of rooms.
- Beyond the iron wall sliding away was a small portcullis, which stood between him and a small stone chamber with ensconced torches.Advertisement
- Pietro e Cesareo, fronting upon it, is ensconced in.a temple of Rome and Augustus, part of the side wall of which, with engaged columns, is still visible.
- Safely ensconced in a loop of the River Severn, eleventh century visitors could only access the town through the castle.
- June: Saturn now firmly ensconced in your sign will be imparting a more serious tone during May.
- On the move once ensconced in the drivers seat a few things quickly become clear.
- Alas, both public bar and lounge were so smokey we half expected to see a pack of beagles ensconced in the corner.Advertisement
- Despite the comparative failure of the Composite Corps the attack had on the whole been a brilliant success, seven Allied divisions having defeated nine enemy divisions ensconced in immensely powerful works, capturing from them 5,300 prisoners and ioo guns and effecting such a wide breach in the last German line of defence that its complete capture in a few days was assured.
- However, we're now happily ensconced in what you will, I'm sure, discover is a Very Nice Hotel in Basingstoke.
- Rick Parry insists Rafa Benitez is already ensconced in his Anfield role.
- Add into the mix that pre-teen girls are highly attracted to jewelry with the Playboy logo, jewelry which is, after all, ensconced with glittery charms and bedecked with rhinestones, and the pairing starts sounding off alarm bells.
- General Sherman's succinct declaration on the brute nature of war has become ensconced in our national lexicon as an offhand way of acknowledging the true horror of war without actually having to think on it.Advertisement
- While the vast majority of gamers are well ensconced in the current generation of games on the Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, many still yearn to play the games from the previous generation.
- Ensconced lights glowed in the midday, and antique furniture, rare paintings, elegant marble sculptures befitting a museum, silk Persian rugs underfoot, and many other priceless displays of prestige lined the wide hall.