Enron sentence example
- Enron was " looking for a quick way to sell assets to generate income, " said one long-time Enron finance person.
- He focuses on Enron which was the real biggie.
- After eight years of financial chicanery, he concludes, " the Chancellor has produced an Enron for Africa.
- It appears they would rather the matter quietly disappeared in case the bank's questionable dealings with Enron are put under further scrutiny.
- Certainly one wants to bring the wicked alliance between corrupt Enron and the increasingly despotic Bush administration to an end.Advertisement
- Even Tony has a tenuous link to Enron I think we would be left with Martin Bell.
- Gordon Brown, meanwhile, will inherit the electoral equivalent of Enron share certificates, out-smarted by a more venal, less principled operator.
- Business ethics has been a hot topic lately, especially with companies like Enron making headlines.
- In the wake of the Enron disaster, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) passed a business ethics-related law known as the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- While Enron and Arthur Anderson may have profited in the short-term, the end result was the largest corporate bankruptcy in history (at that time) and the dissolution of Arthur Anderson auditing firm.Advertisement
- With Enron stocks plummeting from $90(USD) to $0.10 per share, stockholders were left holding the bag for a loss of $11 billion.
- Because of the Enron Scandal, congress passed the Sarbanes-Oxley Act in 2002.