Enlists sentence example
- A brief summary of the contents of the twelve may be indicated as follows: In the 1st tablet, after a general survey of the adventures of Gilgamesh, his rule at Erech is described, where he enlists the services of all the young able-bodied men in the building of the great wall of the city.
- It is not, however, so much the original figure of the god himself that enlists the sympathies of his adherents as the additional elements it has received through the theory of periodical" descents "(avatara) or incarnations applied to this deity.
- Like the Pathan he is a bandit by tradition and descent and makes a first-rate fighting man, but he rarely enlists in the Indian army.
- Kay forces Tracey to hand over some of the money to her, and enlists Linda as her bookie's runner.
- Kay forces Tracey to hand over some of the money to her, and enlists Linda as her bookie 's runner.Advertisement
- If an Eagle Scout enlists in the U.S. Armed Forces, he may receive additional ranks within the Eagle Scouts to honor his achievement in service to his country.
- An Amber Alert enlists the aid of everyone in helping to find the missing child as soon as possible.
- Much like the Avon lady set up our mothers loved, Spa Girl enlists women to work as commission-based salespeople for their products.
- True Beauty enlists the help and wisdom of three judges, who also act as the hosts of the show.
- Harker enlists the assistance of Professor van Helsing, who recognizes the symptoms and progression of Lucy's and later Mina's 'illness' as the work of a feeding vampire.Advertisement