Engulf sentence example
- Jessi fought back whatever spell was trying to engulf her.
- When phagocytes encounter an invading organism, they surround and engulf it in order to destroy it.
- This emperor had, in the years 717 and 718, hurled back the tide of Arab conquest which threatened to engulf Byzantium, and had also shown himself an able statesman and legislator.
- Throughout this perilous transitional period Sigismund's was the hand which successfully steered the ship of state amidst all the whirlpools that constantly threatened to engulf it.
- Charlize Theron continues to engulf the screen with beauty and vulnerability as John 's safecracking daughter, Stella.Advertisement
- Tops that hit at the waist can break up a petite frame and long flowing tunics can engulf a smaller woman's body.
- He saw in the Magyars the chief obstacle to the realization of his dream, and openly warned them that they were " an island in the Slav ocean," which one day might easily engulf them.
- Leeches without biting jaws possess a protrusible proboscis, and generally engulf their prey, as does the horse leech when it attacks earthworms. But some of them are also ectoparasites.
- True there are Gudgeon in these places of specimen proportions that can engulf a pretty hunky piece of meet or a mouthful of maggots.
- When new antigens enter the body, white blood cells (called macrophages) engulf them, process the information contained in the antigens, and send it to the T-cells so that an immune system response can be mobilized.Advertisement
- When these children are exposed to house dust mites, animal proteins, fungi, or other potential allergens, they produce a type of antibody that is intended to engulf and destroy the foreign materials.