Engorgement sentence example
- They are enlarged to the size of an almond, rounded, firm and pink; there is some engorgement and oedema on section; the substance is rather soft, and can be scraped off with a knife.
- This is due to intense engorgement of the vessels brought about through these minute existing collateral channels and results in a peripheral congested zone round the infarct.
- This collateral supply not being sufficient to keep up the proper flow of blood through the part the veins tend to become thrombosed, thus increasing the engorgement.
- There is general engorgement and oedema of the lungs, with pneumonic patches varying in size and irregularly distributed.
- The hand and foot models relieve the pressure from engorgement in the early months and help prep the breasts before feeding.Advertisement
- It is caused by engorgement of the breast.
- Engorgement is caused when you leave milk in your breasts either by not emptying them during feedings or by missing feedings.
- Empty your breasts to prevent engorgement.
- This will increase the risk of engorgement.
- The risk of mastitis is increased by engorgement, which is often caused by missed feedings or skipped pumping sessions.Advertisement
- In the interior organs there are indications of a compensating accumulation of blood, such as swelling of the spleen, engorgement (very rarely rupture) of the heart, with a feeling of oppression in the chest, and a copious flow of clear and watery urine from the congested kidneys.
- A nursing mother will often notice her own breast engorgement as the first sign of her infant's illness.