Engorged sentence example
- They seize hold of the first that brushes by, and crawling to a suitable place become engorged with blood.
- A surgical operation is sometimes undertaken with success for enabling the engorged veins to empty themselves into the blood-stream in a manner so as to avoid the liver-route.
- A bubo is found to consist of a chain of enlarged glands, surrounded by a mass of engorged connective tissue, coagulated blood and serum.
- The substance of the brain, spinal cord and nervetrunks is normal, but the membranes are engorged.
- After they were too engorged to get into their lair again, the Storm-god, accompanied by the other gods, killed him.Advertisement
- Measuring for a nursing bra a week or so after giving birth may be a bad idea because your breasts are most likely engorged during this period.
- Power fabric panels-These fabric panels provide added support, a necessity as breasts become engorged with milk.
- A child should see a doctor if an attached tick is found that is engorged with blood (usually indicating attachment for more than six hours).
- The film is classic for numerous reasons, including the most well known scene where Big Jim becomes so engorged with hunger that he begins to eat a boot as if it were a steak and spagetti.
- The lungs are engorged and oedematous, and often show haemorrhages.Advertisement
- The surrounding tissue is not engorged or oedematous.