Endows sentence example
- He readjusts the distribution of property: he robs the rich and endows the poor.
- We see now that the practice of the experimental method endows with a new vision both the experimenter himself and, through his influence, those who are associated with him in medical science, even if these be not themselves actually engaged in experiment; a new discipline is imposed upon old faculties, as is seen as well in other sciences as in those on which medicine more directly depends.
- Later on the same day, the doors being shut, Jesus appears amongst His disciples, shows them His (pierced) hands and side, and solemnly commissions and endows them for the apostolate by the words, " As the Father bath sent Me, so I send you," and by breathing upon them saying " Receive the Holy Spirit: whose sins ye remit, they are remitted to them; whose sins ye retain, they are retained."
- We may not always agree with his portraiture, but the men and women whom he saw exist for us instinct with the life with which he endows them and animated by the motives which he attributes to them.
- He sees in the coming again of Nero, whose figure he endows with 1 See Bousset, Kommentar zur Offenbarung Johannis, on these passages.Advertisement
- The soul of the bird, he explains, enters them with its flesh, and endows them with power of divination.
- 266); it endows them with second sight (ibid.); it gives them confidence and success in war (Nat.
- Furthermore, he indicated that the brain and spinal cord may be divided into separate parts, each part having a special function - one part ministering to motion, the other to sensation, and that the origin of the -nerves from one or other or both of those sources endows them with the peculiar property of the division whence they spring.
- The Phenomenon might be the source of the universe's creative energy and endows those properly attuned to it with great psychic powers.
- It brings wealth if it is worn chastely; it endows you with persuasive eloquence if it is worn on the neck.Advertisement
- The achaete-scute genes encode transcriptional regulators bearing a bHLH motif whose expression endows cells with neural potential.
- This Tank Francaise women's watch by Cartier endows every woman with charming attitude.