Endotracheal sentence example
- They had removed the endotracheal tube, but he still had a feeding tube through his nose.
- The nurse thought his larynx might still be irritated from the endotracheal or feeding tube.
- Expert guidance is that two doses of surfactant should be given, 12 hours apart via the endotracheal tube.
- There are an increasing number of reports of barotrauma to patients with endotracheal and tracheostomy tubes.
- If this procedure fails, the infant can be intubated with a endotracheal tube to which the resuscitator can then be connected.Advertisement
- If the victim's breathing has stopped or is otherwise impaired, a tube is inserted into the windpipe (trachea) to maintain the airway (endotracheal intubation).
- In more severe cases a drug very like natural surfactant (Exosurf Neonatal or Survanta) can be dripped into the lungs through a fine tube (endotracheal tube) placed in the infant's windpipe (trachea).
- A gentler way of assisting breathing, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), delivers an oxygen mixture through nasal prongs or a tube placed through the nose rather than an endotracheal tube.
- Endotracheal tube-A hollow tube that is inserted into the trachea (windpipe) through the nose or mouth.
- If swelling of the airway tissues is closing off the airway, the person may require the insertion of an endotracheal tube to artificially maintain an open airway.Advertisement