Endoscopy sentence example
- A comprehensive service in clinical gastroenterology, endoscopy and clinical nutrition is provided.
- I am aware of other vets who regularly use endoscopy to assess the reproductive tract.
- The most common tests, however, are the upper GI (gastrointestinal) series and the upper GI endoscopy.
- The upper GI endoscopy, also called the esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), by contrast, is a more sensitive test and offers a more complete picture of what is happening in the upper digestive tract.
- For the endoscopy, the patient receives a mild sedative, then a small, flexible tube is inserted into the esophagus.Advertisement
- For the upper endoscopy procedure, the throat is sprayed with an anesthetic (numbin) medicine and a long, flexible tube is passed through the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine.
- For the lower endoscopy procedure, the tube is passed through the rectum into the large intestine.
- Two weeks after the last dose, patients are admitted to the clinical center for two to three days for repeat endoscopy, leukapheresis, skin testing, and physical examination.
- Endoscopy often fails to locate the fistula if it is small.
- To further examine the nose, the doctor may perform a nasal endoscopy, a procedure that involves inserting a tiny camera into the nose to look at blood vessels and nasal structures.Advertisement
- The doctor may use an endoscopy to help examine the small intestine closer and may take a small tissue sample of the small intestine to diagnose the condition.