Endeavored sentence example
- If I endeavored to overtake him in a boat, in order to see how he would manoeuvre, he would dive and be completely lost, so that I did not discover him again, sometimes, till the latter part of the day.
- Half-witted men from the almshouse and elsewhere came to see me; but I endeavored to make them exercise all the wit they had, and make their confessions to me; in such cases making wit the theme of our conversation; and so was compensated.
- Nor the individual who has endeavored to create alarm about " The chartist desecration of the Sabbath " by telling a barefaced lie.
- PÃ©tain in France and Kornilov in Russia endeavored to rally their troops by a mixture of harsh discipline and appeals to patriotic sentiment.
- Being pupils of Charcot, they endeavored to support his obviously fallacious theories, but merely succeeded in producing a mass of pseudo-scientific nonsense.Advertisement