End of life sentence example
end of life
- His philosophical doctrines are not known, though some have inferred from the epithet ebSacï¿½ovuais (" fortunate"), usually applied to him, that he held the end of life to be eiSaaï¿½ovia.
- Though he acknowledges pleasure to be the law of life, yet he is far from regarding its attainment as the end of life.
- Richelieu's position was much strengthened by these incidents, but to the end of life he had to struggle against conspiracies which were designed to deprive him of the king's support, and usually Gaston of Orleans had some share in these movements.
- The ethics of these principles were worked out in Discours sur le bonheur, La Volupte, and L' Art de jouir, in which the end of life is found in the pleasures of the senses, and virtue is reduced to self-love.
- 4, 11 74 b 31-33) not as an activity, but as a supervening end (breyLyvOyepOV perfecting an activity He allows indeed that activity and pleasure are very closely related; that a pleasure of sense or thought perfects an act of sensation or of thinking, depends on it, and is so inseparably conjoined with it as to raise a doubt whether pleasure is end of life or life end of pleasure, and even whether the activity is the same as the pleasure.Advertisement
- The history of witchcraft in Europe and its attendant horrors, so vividly painted in Lecky's Rise of Rationalism, are but echoes of this universal refusal of savage man to accept death as the natural end of life.
- The natural end of life is that all the organs should become old and gradually decay at the same time, so that at the last the individual should become less and less active, weaker and weaker, and finally die without any definite disease, without pain and without struggle.
- The final end of life is happiness, and happiness is harmony of soul and body (tranquillitas animi et indolentia corporis).
- First, we support local hospices in their vital work on the front line of caring for people who face the end of life.
- His philosophical doctrines are not known, though some have inferred from the epithet ebSacÃ¯¿½ovuais (" fortunate"), usually applied to him, that he held the end of life to be eiSaaÃ¯¿½ovia.Advertisement
- Holistic, compassionate, end-of-life care focused on symptom management, emotional, and spiritual support.
- As people get older, end-of-life issues become more important.
- Family members may not be able to offer objective advice when it comes to dealing with end-of-life issues.
- I guess, for some readers, having kids means the end of life as you know it.