Encratites sentence example
- It circulated among various heretical circles; amongst the Encratites (Clem.
- These Acts were used by the Encratites.
- 3) was common to Marcion and Apelles, while the injunction of fasting $ is attributed to the Encratites (Iren.
- Of the nine fundamental laws of that Priscillian, whose widespread heresy evoked from the synod of Saragossa (418) the canon, " No one shall fast on Sunday, nor may any one absent himself from church during Lent and hold a festival of his own," appears, on the question of fasting, not to have differed from the Encratites and various other sects of Manichean tendency (c. 406).
- The heresy which Tatian either founded or adopted was that of the Encratites.Advertisement
- 61) about the doctrines of these heretics, it is evident that they were connected with the Encratites and the Tatianians.