Enchantress sentence example
- "Oh, my enchantress!" she cried to the blushing Natasha.
- Enchantress, say, to my forsaken lyre What magic power is this recalls me still?
- Denisov, with sparkling eyes and ruffled hair, sat at the clavichord striking chords with his short fingers, his legs thrown back and his eyes rolling as he sang, with his small, husky, but true voice, some verses called "Enchantress," which he had composed, and to which he was trying to fit music:
- Galadrial - A powerful enchantress and the possessor of an Elven ring of power, Galadrial meets the Fellowship during their journey and manages to refuse the One Ring when Frodo would have offered it to her.
- Often the magician relates some mythical case where a god had been afflicted with a disease similar to that of the patient, but had finally recovered: a number of such tales were told of Horus, who was usually healed by some device of his mother Isis, she being accounted as a great enchantress.Advertisement
- When we think of the archetypal image of the Witch, we remember the evil enchantress of childhood tales.
- From 1905 until 1914 the Admiralty yacht enchantress was the club's headquarters and in 1920 premises on Hythe Pier, Southampton were acquired.
- Rainouart turns out to be the brother of Guillaume's wife Guibourc, who was before her marriage the Saracen princess and enchantress Orable.
- Tristan is here the son of Meliadus, king of Loonois; his father does not die, but is decoyed away by an enchantress, and the mother, searching for her husband, gives birth to her child in the forest and dies.