Encephalocele sentence example
- Another congenital brain defect, encephalocele, is a protrusion of part of the brain through a defect in the skull.
- The most common site for encephalocele is along the front-to-back midline of the skull, usually at the rear, although frontal encephaloceles are more common among Asians.
- Defects in skull closure are thought to cause some cases of encephalocele, while defects in neural tube closure may cause others.
- Surgery for encephalocele is possible only if there is a minimal amount of brain tissue protruding.
- Surgical treatment of meningomyelocele and encephalocele may be successful, with lasting neurological deficiencies that vary in severity.Advertisement