Encampments sentence example
- There are numerous raths or encampments in the vicinity and other remains.
- In various places throughout the county may be seen the ruins of several ancient castles, Danish raths or encampments, and tumuli, in the last of which urns and stone coffins have sometimes been found.
- Three or four days' journey east and southeast of Besha are the encampments of the Bani Kahtan, one of the most ancient tribes of Arabia; their pastures extend into the adjoining district of Nejd, where they breed camels in large numbers, as well as a few horses.
- The city is said to be the ancient Castra Traiana, and many traces of old encampments bear evidence of this.
- It is not likely that the Avars, living in their "ring" encampments, destroyed the Roman municipium; and Becs, the Hungarian name for Vienna to this day, is susceptible of a Slavonic interpretation only, and would seem to indicate that the site had been occupied in Slavonic times.Advertisement
- 41 of the " Bedouin encampments (a'5nrz) and the Ma`inim " smitten by the Simeonites, which may possibly refer to the destruction of a Minaean caravan protected by these Bedouins.
- They are a quiet and inoffensive folk, who dwell in stockaded encampments, and preserve their ancestral language and customs. For an account of early Indian civilization in Costa Rica, see Central America: Archaeology.
- The non-Russian population during the summer of 1895 could not have amounted to more than a few hundred souls - occupying a few encampments in the Little Pamir and in the Taghdumbash.
- The excavations, which were begun in 1868, have revealed four different encampments, the earliest of which perhaps dates back to the time of the earliest Roman conquest.
- The meaning of the name is uncertain; Wellhausen derives it from nan "Eve," or "serpent," in which case the Hivites were originally the snake clan; others explain it from the Arabic hayy, " family," as meaning "dwellers in (Bedouin) encampments."Advertisement
- We talked to most of the people in the tented encampments - Jane had to keep dragging me away!
- Featuring around 500 top re-enactors, the show include d arena displays and an extremely impressive living history encampments.
- Back to Top What about the rubbish left by some Unauthorized encampments?
- Last year there were almost 2,000 illegal encampments on land privately owned by Gypsies - up 40% on the previous year.
- Between 20-25,000 people were displaced by the quake, and forced to live in temporary relief encampments of homes built from nearby redwood trees.Advertisement
- The mountains overlooked an expansive plain lined with encampments, an airfield, small ships, and other war arsenal.