Emulsions sentence example
- When finely powdered and rubbed down with water they form emulsions, the undissolved resin being suspended in the gum solution.
- For pharmaceutical purposes crude petroleum is no longer generally used by civilized races, though the product vaseline is largely employed in this way, and emulsions of petroleum have been administered internally in various pectoral complaints; while the volatile product termed rhigolene has been largely used as a local anaesthetic.
- The procedure consists in most cases in spraying the affected plants with poisonous solutions or emulsions, or in (lusting them with fungicidal or insecticidal powders, or applying the fumes of lethal gases.
- The dipterous garden pests, such as the onion fly, carrot fly and celery fly, can best be kept in check by the use of paraffin emulsions and the treatment of the soil with gas-lime after the crop is lifted.
- As a rule, however, it is a very precarious one, since emulsions are formed which prevent in many cases the separation of oil altogether.Advertisement
- An important property of waxes is that of easily forming emulsions with water, so that large quantities of water can be incorporated with them (lanolin).
- acrylic resin emulsions in latex paints, with water thinners, have also become common.
- Appendix on handling emulsions, e.g. breaking up an emulsion by adding saturated brine.
- compressor condensates, the major cause of the emulsions being due to mechanical generation.
- Both forms occur in the case of compressor condensates, the major cause of the emulsions being due to mechanical generation.Advertisement
- stable emulsions can be specific to a compressor under certain conditions only.
- Effects of pH and ferric ions on the antioxidant activity of olive polyphenols in oil-in-water emulsions.
- If you prefer gel formulas to liquid emulsions, you might favor Mavala's Eye Makeup Remover Gel.