Empty-nest sentence example
- They're probably suffering from some serious empty nest syndrome now that you're all grown up and gone, and so they are asserting their authority over you and acting super-parental (and annoying) to compensate.
- Older couples in the church have already raised their families and might be willing to mentor your family as you move through child rearing, into the teenage years and finally into the empty nest years.
- Bird Song was an empty nest.
- After all, she does love you very much: she wouldn't have empty-nest syndrome if she didn't!
- increasing individualism leaves parents to cope with the empty nest syndrome.Advertisement