Emplacements sentence example
- The ditch was choked, the gates were unprotected; the tumbled mass of irregular mud buildings which constituted the city clung tightly to the walls; there were no gun emplacements.
- barbette emplacements or iron shielded casemates.
- The raiders overran the Royalist gun emplacements and succeeded in hauling off several great siege cannon.
- Mangers showing fattened cattle and gazelles feeding were discovered there and the emplacements are still there now.
- Objectives differ according to the mode, but all basically consist of destroying capital ship emplacements such as radars, communications and engines.Advertisement
- These were used, along with 100 octane gasoline cans filled with sand, to build gun emplacements.
- emplacements in the vicinity of permanent road barriers.
- Small naval craft had got as close in as they could and attacked the german gun emplacements.
- Next, were the light and heavy cruisers, which had the responsibility of silencing the larger gun emplacements, situated further inland.
- Sunday - An early walk through the bush and the old artillery emplacements on Bradley's Head with glorious harbor views from the headland.Advertisement
- Between the two Moncrief pits there are two pairs of open emplacements that mounted 68 pounder RML's.
- All of the Marine garrison's defensive emplacements were left intact by the raid, which primarily targeted the naval aircraft.
- Not all anti-tank emplacements had an ' emergency exit ' .
- The Germans had oriented their main defense around artillery emplacements away from Sword.
- Along the way you come across enemy gun emplacements that you can take over, and use to pepper the battlefield.Advertisement
- These were the battery positions, each consisting off four large emplacements with smaller excrescences beside them [the dugouts] .
- These gun emplacements were inside on two levels (lower & upper gun emplacements were inside on two levels (lower & upper gun floors ).
- octane gasoline cans filled with sand, to build gun emplacements.