Emplacement sentence example
- He heard the distant movement as attackers neared, the adjustment of the men's emplacement, even the loading of arrows and stretching of bows.
- If you put a machine-gun emplacement anywhere in Mosul, for instance, it will be next to antiquities.
- There is an air raid shelter under the ramp in case enemy bombers attacked the emplacement.
- This photograph shows an emplacement for an antiaircraft gun.
- Looking at the emplacement today, you would wonder why have an emplacement here in the first place?Advertisement
- A concrete gun emplacement, built during World War 11 just near this tomb, is still visible.
- Classification kept as a machine-gun emplacement, June 7 1941.
- The camp had been built in the 1930s and extended in the 40s to incorporate an antiaircraft gun emplacement.
- Minor improvements in tangent sights certainly were made, notably an automatic clamp, but quadrant elevation was mainly used, and in the case of guns equipped with position-finders (see Range-Finder) the guns could be layed for direction by means, of a graduated arc on the emplacement and a pointer on the mounting.
- Not the least extraordinary feature of the battle that followed is the part played by a sangar of stones at the head of Quarry Ravine and a small battery, called the Sandbag Battery, made as a temporary emplacement for two heavy guns a few days before.Advertisement