Empirics sentence example
- The most striking peculiarity of the empirics was that they rejected anatomy, regarding it as useless to inquire into the causes of things, and thus, as they contended, being the more minute in their observation of the actual phenomena of disease.
- These three bases of knowledge were known as the "tripod" of the empirics.
- It is clear that the knowledge of function (physiology) did not by any means keep pace with the knowledge of structure, and this was probably the reason why the important sect of the empirics were able entirely to dispense with anatomical knowledge.
- The methodists agreed with the empirics in one point, in their contempt for anatomy; but, strictly speaking, they were dogmatists, though with a dogma different from that of the Hippocratic school.
- He belonged, in many respects, to the Dogmatists or Rational School, rather than to the Empirics.Advertisement
- empirics of economic growth with an emphasis on the relative performance of sub-Saharan Africa, 1960-1990.
- empirics of the long-run growth process.