Empirical-data sentence example
- He presented abstract concepts with empirical data.
- At present irradiated graphite properties are based on empirical data obtained on samples irradiated in a material test reactor (MTR ).
- Though there is no empirical data about how children learn to lie, parental honesty is recognized as a primary influence on the development of truthfulness in children.
- The empirical data on which the hydrodynamical investigations are based are: (I) observed velocities and directions of oceanic currents and drifts; (2) salinity; (3) density; (4) temperature of the sea water in situ; (5) oceanic soundings.
- In this theory there can strictly be no "causation"; one thing is observed to succeed another, but observations cannot assert that it is "caused" by that thing; it is post hoc, but not propter hoc. The idea of necessary connexion is a purely mental idea, an a priori conception, in which observation of empirical data takes no part; empiricism in ethics likewise does away with the idea of the absolute authority of the moral law as conceived by the intuitionalists.Advertisement
- A priori concepts there are, but if they are to lead to the amplification of knowledge, they must be brought into relation with empirical data.
- With the exception of Lewisham, no empirical data is available OBV was very active in Lewisham.