Emotionalism sentence example
- Thus it encouraged an unrestrained emotionalism, rank superstition, an unhealthy asceticism, and the employment of artificial means to induce the ecstatic state.
- In contrast to the great French actress she avoided all "make-up"; her art depended on intense naturalness rather than stage effect, sympathetic force and poignant intellectuality rather than the theatrical emotionalism of the French tradition.
- The faithful were encouraged to drown all tendency to thought in an ever-increasing flood of sensuous emotionalism.
- I cannot recall a greater outpouring of hysterical emotionalism since the Children's Crusade - and I was much younger then.
- He directs this spirit of revolt also against the sources of his own inspiration; he turns bitterly against Wagner, whose intimate friend and enthusiastic admirer he had been, and denounces him as the musician of decadent emotionalism; he rejects his "educator" Schopenhauer's pessimism, and transforms his will to live into a "Will to Power."Advertisement
- As a slave, his religion was mere emotionalism, which served to break the monotony of the cruel scourge of slavery.