Emirates sentence example
- The state was greatly harassed by Galla invaders in the 17th century, and broke up into a number of petty independent emirates and sultanates under Somali chiefs.
- There are two minor emirates, Shonga and Lafiagi in this province, and a number of semi-independent towns of which the chief are Awton, Ajassa, Offa and Patiji.
- East of that river Sokoto and its tributary emirates are ruled by Fula princes, subject to the control of the British Nigerian administration.
- The truck was totally engulfed in flames along with all the donated medical supplies from the Arab Emirates.
- Last week 's Scotland on Sunday announced plans by rival company Space Adventures Ltd to build a spaceport in the United Arab Emirates.Advertisement
- New stadia include the Berlin Olympic stadium, Arsenal 's Emirates Stadium and the as yet unfinished Wembley.
- They operate their services in the United States, several Latin American countries, most European countries, Israel, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia and Singapore.
- Originally herdsmen in the western and central Sudan, they extended their sway east of the Niger, under the leadership of Othman Dan Fodio, during the early years of the 19th century, and having subdued the Hausa states, founded the empire of Sokoto with the vassal emirates of Kano, Gando, Nupe, Adamawa, &c.
- Emirates (0870 243 2222; www.emirates.com) flies daily from Birmingham, Gatwick, Heathrow, Manchester and Glasgow via Dubai and Sydney.
- In the Persian Gulf lies the massif of Jebel Hafeet, on the outskirts of Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates.Advertisement
- Last week's Scotland on Sunday announced plans by rival company Space Adventures Ltd to build a spaceport in the United Arab Emirates.
- New stadia include the Berlin Olympic stadium, Arsenal's Emirates Stadium and the as yet unfinished Wembley.
- It includes the ancient emirates of Kano, Katsena, Daura and Kazaure, and covers an area of about 31,000 sq.
- It includes the sultanate of Sokoto and its dependent emirates of Kano, Bida, Zaria, &c., and the ancient sultanate of Bornu, which, with Adamawa, is partly within the German colony of Cameroon (see Nigeria and Cameroon).
- Getting There Emirates (Heathrow) - Male, onward seaplane transfer.Advertisement
- I spent the weekend practicing at Emirates with a new putter - something had to change.