Emirate sentence example
- Their most southerly emirate is Adamawa, the country on both sides of the upper Benue.
- The emirate of Gombe, which is included in the first division of the Bauchi province, is a Fula emirate independent of the emirs of Bauchi.
- The town of Bauchi and capital of the province was founded by Yakoba in the year 1809, and the emirate remained under Fula rule until the year 1902.
- He served as governor of Kuwait during Iraq's seven-month occupation of the emirate in 1990-1991.
- Abdullah, his elder brother, was appointed ruler of the emirate of Transjordan, created by Britain in 1921.Advertisement
- The town of Illorin was founded, towards the close of the 18th century, by Yoruba, and rose to be the capital of one of the Yoruba kingdoms. About 1825 the kingdom, which had come under Mahommedan influence, ceased its connexion with the Yoruba states and became an emirate of the Sokoto empire.
- It was once the capital of the Emirate of Hamid.