Emetics sentence example
- Emetics (Gr.
- The stomach must be washed out and large doses of emetics given as soon as possible.
- The treatment is the prompt use of emetics, or the stomach should be washed out, and large doses of sodium or magnesium sulphate given in order to form an insoluble sulphate.
- The treatment is washing out the stomach or giving emetics followed by vinegar or lemon juice and later oil and white of egg.
- This consists in the use of emetics or the stomach-pump, with lime-water, which decomposes the alkaloid.Advertisement
- The important thing is to prevent the absorption of the poison, so emetics and purgatives should be given at once.
- The treatment consists in the prompt neutralization of the acid, by chalk, magnesia, whiting, plaster, soap or any alkaline substance at hand; emetics or the stomach pump should not be used.
- She was put to bed an given two emetics which never worked.
- These drugs are called anti sickness drugs, anti nausea drugs or anti emetics.
- Emetics are sometimes used in aversion therapy in place of electric shock.Advertisement
- Others (in addition to some already mentioned) are medicinal; as the palms, calabash, manchineel, pepper, fustic and a long list of cathartics, caustics, emetics, astringents, febrifuges, vermifuges, diuretics and tonics.