Embowered sentence example
- To the east of the park a series of parallel roads, named after former British governors, are lined with beautiful bungalows embowered in trees.
- On the north side, embowered in palm trees, is a great statue of Columbus, at whose feet kneels the figure of America.
- Here and there, as we ascended, we passed a house embowered in white roses.
- The houses being seemingly embowered in the luxuriant verdure of the Sahel, the effect is imposing and picturesque, and has given rise to the Arab comparison of the town to a diamond set in an emerald frame.
- This lake collects waters by the Brathay from Langdale, the head of which, between Bow Fell and Langdale Pikes (2401 ft.), is very fine; and by the Rothay from Dunmail Raise and the small lakes of Grasmere and Rydal Water, embowered in woods.Advertisement