Embouchure sentence example
- A real trumpet is actually played by an artificial embouchure, the visitor controls air pressure and the valves and hears the results.
- It has quite a solid rim which is OK if you have an adaptive embouchure and very good for upper register playing.
- Those which are higher require a particularly good embouchure.
- She'd been trying to learn the horn using an oboe embouchure.
- In ' the trade ' this is known as a double embouchure - where the lips cover both the top and bottom teeth.Advertisement
- embouchure problem: " I can't stop leaking around the reed.
- In the organ pipe - as in the common whistle - a thin sheet of air is forced through a narrow slit at the bottom of the embouchure and impinges against the top edge, which is made very p c. sharp. The disturbance made at the commencement of the blowing will no doubt set the air in the pipe vibrating in its own natural period, just as any irregular air disturbance will set a suspended body swinging in its natural period, but we are to consider how the vibration is maintained when once set going.
- When the motion is reversed and the air moves out of the pipe at the embouchure, the sheet is deflected on to the outer side of the sharp edge, and no work is done against it by the air in the pipe.
- of the embouchure of the Ribble into the Irish Sea, 182 m.
- in depth closed by sluices at its junction with the river, and reaching the sea at some distance from the natural embouchure.Advertisement
- The only other tributary of any size that the sea receives is the Jaxartes (Sihun, Syr-darya) which enters towards the northern extremity of the east coast, and is suspected to be shifting its embouchure more and more to the north.
- Its extreme length is about ioo and its breadth varies from 70 to over ioo m., but the exact limits are vague, and the modern signification of the name practically comprehends the peninsula formed by the lower Helmund and its embouchure on the one side and the Hamun (lake) on the other.
- When the motion due to the vibration is up along the pipe from the embouchure, the air moves into the pipe from the outside, and carries the sheet-like stream in with it to the inside of the sharp edge.
- Outer Seistan, the country on the right bank of the Helmund, and east of its embouchure in the Hamun, extends more than ioo m.