Embolismic sentence example
- The lunations are supposed to consist of twenty-nine and thirty days alternately, or the lunar year of 354 days; and in order to make up nineteen solar years, six embolismic or intercalary months, of thirty days each, are introduced in the course of the cycle, and one of twenty-nine days is added at the end.
- The Year Is Luni Solar, And, According As It Is Ordinary Or Embolismic, Consists Of Twelve Or Thirteen Lunar Months, Each Of Which Has 29 Or 30 Days.
- Thus The Duration Of The Ordinary Year Is 354 Days, And That Of The Embolismic Is 384 Days.
- The Distribution Of The Embolismic Years, In Each Cycle Of 19 Years, Is Determined According To The Following Rule: The Number Of The Hebrew Year (Y) Which Has Its Commencement In A Gregorian Year (X) Is Obtained By The Addition Of 3761 Years; That Is, Y=X } 3761.
- If The Remainder Be 3, 6, 8, 14, 17 Or 19 (O), The Year Is Embolismic; If Any Other Number, It Is Ordinary.Advertisement
- Or, Otherwise, If We Find The Remainder R 19 R The Year Is Embolismic When R < 7.
- To Compute The Times Of The New Moons Which Determine The Commencement Of Successive Years, It Must Be Observed That In Passing From An Ordinary Year The New Moon Of The Following Year Is Deduced By Subtracting The Interval That Twelve Lunations Fall Short Of The Corresponding Gregorian Year Of 365 Or 366 Days; And That, In Passing From An Embolismic Year, It Is To Be Found By Adding The Excess Of Thirteen Lunations Over The Gregorian Year.
- 20 Sec., Embolismic, Add (17) D Ays 21 Hours 32 Min.
- Hence, Knowing Which Of The Years Are Embolismic, From Their Ordinal Position In The Cycle, According To The Rule Before Stated, The Times Of The Commencement Of Successive Years May Be Thus Carried On Indefinitely Without Any Difficulty.
- If, For A Year Immediately Following An Embolismic Year, The Computed New Moon Is On Monday, As Late As 15 Hours 30 Min.Advertisement
- An Ordinary Year May Comprise 353, 354 Or 355 Days; And An Embolismic Year 383, 384 Or 385 Days.
- The Intercalary Month, Veadar, Is Introduced In Embolismic Years In Order That Passover, The 15Th Day Of Nisan, May Be Kept At Its Proper Season, Which Is The Full Moon Of The Vernal Equinox, Or That Which Takes Place After The Sun Has Entered The Sign Aries.
- 2 an embolismic The result so obtained would in general be more accurate than the Jewish calculation, from which it may differ a day, as fractions of a day do not enter alike in these computations.
- Adar 13, 2 Fast of Esther, 8 In embolismic „ 14, Purim, years.