Men's World Time Watch: Already coveted by collectors, this exclusive 2009 emblematic complication model boasts a classy white or yellow gold case with a hand-crafted cloisonné enamel dial showing a realistic Europe/Asia map.
In fact, the motif is as emblematic of Sprouse as the graffiti artwork; during the 1970s, when he discovered the magic of a Xerox color copier, he would enlarge images of roses and other flowers and send them to friends.
Each summit is crowned by an inverted pear-shaped stone, bearing a triple cross, emblematic of the Trinity.
They are distinguished by the wearing of a white turban, emblematic of the purity of their life.
In the most developed forms, such as the offering of soma, they assumed a great importance; (r) the sacrificer had to pass from the world of man into a world of the gods; consequently he was separated from the common herd of mankind and purified; he underwent ceremonies emblematic of rebirth and was then subject to numberless taboos imposed for the purpose of maintaining his ceremonial purity.
The so-called Campo Santo, close to the baptistery, contains a mosaic pavement with emblematic figures belonging probably to the 8th and 9th centuries, and running under the cathedral.
They were variously called aisumnetai, brabeutai, agonarchai, agonodikai, athlothetai (at Athens), eabdouchoi or eabdonomoi (from the rod or sceptre emblematic of their authority), but their functions were generally the same.
The paintings on the vases show boats driven by oars and sails rudely figured, and the boats bear emblematic standards or ensigns.
As feudal customs grew more stereotyped, the sword and sceptre, emblematic respectively of service and military command and of judicial prerogatives, became the usual emblems of investiture of laymen.
There are remains of a Moorish fort on the hill commanding the town; and the north gateway - the Puerta del Colegio - is a fine lofty arch, surmounted by an emblematic statue and the city arms. The most prominent buildings are the episcopal palace (1733), with a frontage of a 600 ft.; the town house (1843), containing important archives; and the cathedral, a small Gothic structure built on the site of a former mosque in the 14th century, and enlarged and tastelessly restored in 1829.