Eludes sentence example
- The mystery of how the line acquired its nickname still eludes the author.
- They are undoubtedly convinced of the value of collaborations; their ability to achieve them for the same price somehow eludes them.
- Financial success eludes the couple but they gradually find their place among the characterful locals and develop an unlikely and enduring friendship with RenÃ© .
- Despite much research, the mechanism by which carbon dioxide levels were reduced during cold glacial periods relative to warm interglacials eludes us.
- It should not be denied that he did not always escape the pitfalls of such a method of treatment, the faces becoming sleek and prim, with a smirk of sexless religiosity which hardly eludes the artificial or even the hypocritical; on other minds, therefore, and these some of the most masculine and resolute, he produces little genuine impression.Advertisement
- As with many modern technologies, the exact mechanism by which portable air conditioners cool off a room eludes many people.
- " Winter " in-, 00 eludes October to arch at Sod, so Greenwich and Batavia; November to February at Kew ky and M Kew '110 Bureau Central; December 100, 100 November to January ' at Karasjok, and December and Janu ary at Perpignan.
- Thus for instance when any feudal institution (be it Gothic, Norman, or Anglo-Saxon) eludes our deciphering faculty from the imperfect records of its use and operation, then we endeavour conjecturally to amend our knowledge by watching the circumstances in which that institution arose."
- If what is real in things is ultimately nothing but their relations, and if relations are inconceivable apart from the relating mind, what is this but the dissolution of the solid ground of external reality which my consciousness seems to assure me underlies and eludes all the conceptual network by which I try to bring one part of my experience into connexion with another ?
- Everywhere the effect reveals an element which is indiscoverable in the cause with the result that the identity we seek for ever eludes us.Advertisement
- But the real nature of these unseen principles eludes our research: they are only known to us by their external manifestations.
- Red shadow makes a unique and eclectic statement that eludes confidence and sex appeal.