Elucidating sentence example
- ritual known as The Book of the Dead, dating back fifteen centuries B.C., and accompanied with numerous scenes painted in brilliant colours, proves how ancient was this very natural method of elucidating a written text by means of pictures.
- Before he had begun to learn Greek, Marsilio entered upon the task of studying and elucidating Plato.
- Neither by geometrical, nor physical, nor metaphysical principles had he succeeded in reaching and grasping the infinite and the spiritual, or in elucidating their relation to man and man's organism, though he had caught glimpses of facts and methods which he thought only required confirmation and development.
- The discovery of the yeast-conidia of these fungi, and their thorough investigation by Brefeld, have thrown new lights on the group, as also have the results elucidating the nature of the ordinary dark spores - smuts, bunt, &c. - which by their mode of origin and development are chlamydospores.
- Space compels us to limit our account of the scientific work done by Faraday in the succeeding twenty years, in elucidating electrical phenomena and adding to the knowledge thereon, to the very briefest mention.Advertisement
- Sociology conceives itself as a natural science elucidating a factual sequence.
- Bearing this in mind the reader will understand that so much of the natural history of the honey-bee as is necessary for elucidating the practical part of our subject may be comprised in (I) the life of the insect, (2) its mission in life, and (3) utilizing to the utmost the brief period during which it can labour before being worn out with toil.
- The latters magnum opus, Kojikiden (Exposition of the Record of Ancient Matters), declared by Chamberlain to be perhaps the most admirable work of which Japanese erudition can boast, consists of 44 large volumes, devoted to elucidating the Kojiki and resuscitating the ShintO cult as it existed in the earliest days.
- We are currently elucidating the molecular mechanisms responsible for the adjuvant and immune biasing activity of reactive carbonyls and methods for their elimination.
- elucidatecurrently elucidating the molecular mechanisms responsible for the adjuvant and immune biasing activity of reactive carbonyls and methods for their elimination.Advertisement
- elucidateaff will present a slide show elucidating the problems inherent in the global food system and the benefits of rebuilding local food links.
- Wallace, The Geographical Distribution of Animals, with a study of the Relations of Living and Extinct Faunas as elucidating the Past Changes of the Earth's Surface, 2 vols.
- Thus so far from simplifying or really elucidating the religion, these priestly labors tended rather to confuse one legend with another and to efface the personality of individual gods.
- Jamieson's name stands at the head of a tolerably long list of works in the Bibliotheca britannica; but by far his most important book is the laborious and erudite compilation, best described by its own title-page: An Etymological Dictionary of the Scottish Language; illustrating the words in their different significations by examples from Ancient and Modern Writers; shewing their Affinity to those of other Languages, and especially the Northern; explaining many terms which though now obsolete in England were formerly common to both countries; and elucidating National Rites, Customs and Institutions in their Analogy to those of other nations; to which is prefixed a Dissertation on the Origin of the Scottish Language.
- He made brilliant experiments elucidating the blue of the sky, and discovered the precipitation of organic vapours by means of light.Advertisement