Elsinore sentence example
- Through London and Elsinore he reached Copenhagen a third time, and began to lecture at the university; his lectures were attended, but he got no money.
- In replying to the guns of Fort Elsinore no execution was done, as the long range made it impossible to lay the guns (Lloyd and Hadcock, P. 33).
- Its gateway, Elsinore, is a medieval reproduction; other prominent features are the reservoirs, which resemble natural lakes, and a high water tower, from which there is a delightful view.
- wide, opposite Helsingor (Elsinore) in Denmark.
- (extremes), with its fantastic coast-line indented by fjords and projecting into long spits or promontories, may be considered as the nucleus of the kingdom, inasmuch as it contains the capital, Copenhagen, and such important towns as Roskilde, Slagelse, Korsor, Naestved and Elsinore (Helsingor).Advertisement
- With Sweden communications are established by ferries across the Sound between Copenhagen and Malmo and Landskrona, and between Elsinore (Helsingor) and Helsingborg.
- The harbours of Copenhagen, Elsinore and other towns were enlarged; many decaying towns were abolished and many new ones built under more promising conditions, including Christiania, which was founded in August 1624, on the ruins of the ancient city of Oslo.
- In the north-east, where the coast approaches most nearly to Sweden, is Helsingor or Elsinore.
- Elsinore >>
- ELSINORE (Dan.Advertisement
- It is celebrated as the Elsinore of Shakespeare's tragedy of Hamlet, and was the birthplace of Saxo Grammaticus, from whose history the story of Hamlet is derived.
- Perhaps the most familiar 'early dramatic ghost' is Hamlet's father, seen stalking the battlements at Elsinore.