Elsa sentence example
- The Elsa and the Era, which join it on its left bank, descending from the hills near Siena and Volterra, are inconsiderable streams; and the Serchio, which flows from the territory of Lucca and the Alpi Apuani, and formerly joined the Arno a few miles from its mouth, now enters the sea by a separate channel.
- Again, the appeal to " God's judgment " in the trial by battle in Lohengrin is a subject of which no earlier librettist could have made more than a plausible mess - which is the best that can be said for the music as music. But as dramatist Wagner compels our respect for the power that without gloss or apology brings before us the king, a model of royal fair-mindedness and good-nature, acquiescing in Telramund's monstrous claim to accuse Elsa without evidence, simply because it is a hard and self-evident fact that the persons of the drama live in an age in which such claims seemed reasonable.
- I am wearing a skirt above the knee, and Elsa is showing midriff.
- It forms part of the cycle of the chansons de geste dealing with the Crusade, and relates how Helyas, knight of the swan, is guided by the swan to the help of the duchess of Bouillon and marries her daughter Ida or Beatrix in circumstances exactly parallel to the adventures of Lohengrin and Elsa of Brabant, and with the like result.
- In 1401 he married Elizabeth, or Elsa, daughter of Frederick, duke of Bavaria-Landshut (d.Advertisement
- towering above all others is the village of San Gimignano, which sits serenely on a hill overlooking the Elsa Valley.
- Beethoven's Nine Symphonies; Berlioz's " Symphonie fantastique," " Harold en Italie "; Benediction et Serment (Benvenuto Cellini); Danse des Sylphes (Damnation de Faust); Weber's overtures, Der Freischiitz, Euryanthe, Oberon, Jubilee; Beethoven's and Hummel's Septets; Schubert's Divertissement a la Hongroise; Beethoven's Concertos in C minor, G and E flat (orchestra for a second piano); Wagner's Tannhauser overture, march, romance, chorus of pilgrims; Lohengrin, Festzug and Brautlied, Elsa's Brautgang, Elsa's Traum, Lohengrin's Verweiss an Elsa; Fliegender Hollander, Spinnlied; Rienzi, Gebet; Rheingold, Walhall; Meistersinger, " Am stillen Herd "; Tristan, Isolde's Liebestod; Chopin's six Chants Polonais; Meyerbeer's Schillermarsch; Bach's six organ Preludes and Fugues; Prelude and Fugue in G minor; Beethoven, Adelaide; 6 miscellaneous and 6 Geistliche Lieder; Liederkreis; Rossini's Les Soirees musicales; Schubert, 59 songs; Schumann, 13 songs; Mendelssohn, 8 songs; Robert Franz, 13 songs.
- Literally towering above all others is the village of San Gimignano, which sits serenely on a hill overlooking the Elsa Valley.
- His sister, Elsa, was a daring trapeze artiste.
- Chanel and her chief rival, Elsa Schiaparelli, promoted fun designs that were obviously fake and allowed the wearer to express herself.Advertisement
- Later, Italian fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli designed one especially for air raids - it was the same functional style, complete with a gas mask, flask and velvet turban.
- Elsa Jewelry will custom design and create the ring of your dreams as you work with their expert jewelers from design inception to the ring completion.
- Platinum Engagement Rings by Elsa has several unusual platinum engagement rings, including filigree styles.
- In 1920, as the Lemp brewing company collapsed and sold off the business, buildings and all assets, Elsa Lemp, the daughter of William Lemp, Sr., shot herself in the bedroom and died in the same manner as her father.
- One housewife caused quite a stir with her first appearance on this show, and she isn't even an official member of the cast: Marysol's mother Elsa.Advertisement
- Clips of Elsa are routinely shown on programs like The Soup, which is a show that reviews the most interesting clips from television for the week.
- Compare the mere fairy-tale mystery of Lohengrin's command that Elsa shall never ask to know his name, with the profound fatalism of Isolde's love-potion.