Eloping sentence example
- elopen it's on to Gretna Green, where many an eloping English couple have been married.
- elope Alexander, it is a match more heavenly than many made by eloping lovers over the anvil.
- Humorous: These cards may refer to cliché jokes such as buying ladders (for eloping), the old ball-and-chain, or the tribulations of impending in-laws.
- Going all the way with a proposal and eloping on the same romantic day.
- Surprise Weddings: For a couple interested in eloping, arranging a surprise wedding at the moment of the proposal is a daring and unique option.Advertisement
- At the end of 2009, Adam adds insult to injury by eloping with Sharon.
- Many people associate getting married in Las Vegas with eloping couples, but this isn't necessarily the case.
- His early correspondence with Shelley, which began in 1811, is remarkable for its genuine good sense and kindness; but when Shelley carried out the principles of the author of Political Justice in eloping with Mary Godwin, Godwin assumed a hostile attitude that would have been unjustifiable in a man of ordinary views, and was ridiculous in the light of his professions.
- The story of the rediscovery of Madeira by the Englishman Robert Machim or Machin, eloping from Bristol with his lady-love, Anne d'Arfet, in the reign of Edward III.
- Though entered as a student at Trinity College, Dublin, Tone gave little attention to study, his inclination being for a military career; but after eloping with Matilda Witherington, a girl of sixteen, he took his degree in 1786, and read law in London at the Middle Temple and afterwards in Dublin, being called to the Irish bar in 1789.Advertisement
- Having roused the ire of Sir Henry Bagnal (or Bagenal) by eloping with his sister in 1591, he afterwards assisted him in defeating Hugh Maguire at Belleek in 1593 and then again went into opposition and sought aid from Spain and Scotland.