Elodea sentence example
- Elodea is a member of the monocotyledonous natural order Hydrocharideae.
- is represented by Elodea canadensis or water-thyme,which has been introduced into the British Isles from North America.
- In other forms such as Elodea, Nitella, Chara, &c., where the cytoplasm is mainly restricted to the periphery of the sap vacuole and lining the cell wall, the streaming movement is exhibited in one direction only.
- Elodea has polyFIG.
- WATER-THYME, known botanically as Elodea canadensis, a small submerged water-weed, native of North America.Advertisement
- In these the pollen floats on the surface and reaches the stigmas of the female flowers as in Callitriche, Ruppia, Zostera, Elodea.
- potassium carbonatey Elodea; potassium hydrogen carbonate.