Elmer sentence example
- There was the customary group of tourists with names like Bud and Ethel and Elmer and Clara— names not assigned to anyone born after World War II.
- Her dress was a half a step above the rag she used to polish the furniture and her hair had longer roots than Elmer Fudd's garden.
- Honiton (Honetona, Huneton) is situated on the British Icknield Street, and was probably the site of an early settlement, but it does not appear in history before the Domesday Survey, when it was a considerable manor, held by Drew (Drogo) under the count of Mortain, who had succeeded Elmer the Saxon, with a subject population of 33, a flock of 80 sheep, a mill and 2 salt-workers.
- It was the birthplace of Colonel Ephraim Elmer Ellsworth (1837-1861), the first Federal officer to lose his life in the Civil War.
- He started cable works of his own at Elmer's End, Kent, in 1896, and gave valuable evidence before the commission appointed to inquire into the possibility of laying a Pacific cable.Advertisement
- There was the customary group of tourists with names like Bud and Ethel and Elmer and Claraâ€” names not assigned to anyone born after World War II.
- In the USA the notorious antisemite Austin App and the right-wing libertarian Harry Elmer Barnes were publishing revisionist tracts.
- The completion of the Elmer breakwater and recharge scheme to the west may have resulted in a reduction to this quantity.
- His hair is free of dreadlocks and he definitely doesn't use Elmer's glue to style it.
- This is the company, after all, that brought us the original Looney Toons featuring memorable characters like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd.Advertisement
- Players can choose an activity featuring favorites like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, Scooby Doo and George Jetson.
- The mummified body was that of Elmer McCurdy, a train robber from 1911.
- Additional music for the video was composed by Elmer Bernstein, who worked on An American Werewolf in London with Landis.