Ellipsis sentence example
- Many sentences begin with a " when " or " on the day when" which seems to hover in the air, so that the commentators are driven to supply a " think of this " or some such ellipsis.
- But, grant I received it afterwards from Mr Hooke, yet have I as great a right to it as to the ellipsis.
- And so Mr Hooke found less of the proportion than Kepler of the ellipsis.
- Breaks in the quotation are indicated by an ellipsis.
- For as Kepler knew the orb to be not circular but oval, and guessed it to be elliptical, so Mr Hooke, without knowing what I have found out since his letters to me, can know no more, but that the proportion was duplicate quam proxime at great distances from the centre, and only guessed it to be so accurately, and guessed amiss in extending that proportion down to the very centre, whereas Kepler guessed right at the ellipsis.Advertisement
- We use the type system and our treatment of generalized quantifiers in natural language to construct a type-theoretic approach to pronominal anaphora and ellipsis.
- To be published by ellipsis, London, early in 1999 with a co-publisher in the USA.
- Variable-length Parameter Lists XSUBs can have variable-length parameter lists by specifying an ellipsis (...) in the parameter list.
- To indicate ellipsis after the conclusion of a complete sentence, use four periods with no space before the first.
- And so, in stating this business, I do pretend to have done as much for the proportion as for the ellipsis, and to have as much right to the one from Mr Hooke and all men, as to the other from Kepler; and therefore on this account also he must at least moderate his pretences.Advertisement
- The function has an ellipsis in its parameter list.