Elizabeth i sentence example
- Later monarchs, including Elizabeth I also availed themselves of this facility.
- Acclaimed mezzo-soprano Anne Mason and soprano Sarah Rhodes will portray Scotland's doomed queen and her royal rival, Elizabeth I respectively.
- Queen Elizabeth I crushes a Catholic uprising in the north of England.
- In the late 16th century, Queen Elizabeth I declared an addition to the "Sumptuary Laws", designed to regulate what people of various classes were allowed to wear.
- Queen Elizabeth I was famous for her red hair, which for most of her reign was in fact a wig.Advertisement
- Although Henry VIII executed many more people during his reign than his daughter did, the Protestant reign of Mary's younger sister Queen Elizabeth I far outlasted her own, and history is typically written by the victors.
- Spenser's The Faerie Queene is an epic poem that was written as an allegory to praise Queen Elizabeth I.
- Queen Elizabeth I enjoyed the poem so much that she awarded Edmund Spenser with a 50 pound a year pension for life.
- Queen Elizabeth I was the basis for the Faerie Queene and her name was Gloriana and so the connection was easily made.
- Queen Elizabeth I was a member of the Tudor era of which the Faerie Queene celebrated without fail as in the tradition of Aeneid's writings of Rome during the time of Augustus Caesar.Advertisement
- The Faerie Queene herself is a direct characterization of Queen Elizabeth I.