Elihu sentence example
- Elihu Thomson blows on the spark balls with a powerful jet of air.
- He was Assistant Secretary of State, 1905-9, and then for a short time was Secretary of State, succeeding Elihu Root on the latter's election to the Senate.
- He displayed his political tact in the choice of the American delegation, which was led by Secretary Hughes and included, besides Elihu Root, two members of the Senate, Lodge and Underwood, the Republican and Democratic leaders respectively.
- Another old house, built in 1725, was the home of Elihu Coleman, an anti-slavery minister of the Society of Friends, who were very strong here until the close of the first quarter of the 19th century.
- But he had received some instruction in mathematics from a distant relative, Elihu Robinson, and in 1781 he left his native village to become assistant to his cousin George Bewley who kept a school at Kendal.Advertisement
- For various reasons the movement in America did not appear on the surface to any great extent, and after the comparative failure of Elihu Palmer's Principles of Nature it expressed itself chiefly in the spread of Unitarianism.
- Another form of motor meter which is much used is that of Elihu Thomson.
- "Elihu Burritt, take your place on the floor," said the master sternly.
- "Elihu, you may go home," said the master.
- Elihu Burritt was a poor boy who was determined to learn.Advertisement