Elephantiasis sentence example
- In other cases very serious disorders of the lymphatic system are brought about, of which the most marked is perhaps Elephantiasis.
- The prevalence of elephantiasis and the occurrence of leprosy, for instance, in Hawaii, would seem to point at least in some places to a racial taint, due perhaps to the unbridled licentiousness of past generations.
- The diseases for which it was chiefly taken were malarial fever, dysentery, diarrhoea, spitting of blood, rheumatism and elephantiasis.
- Infection with these worms is called " lymphatic filariasis " and over a long period of time can cause elephantiasis.
- Symptoms can include elephantiasis as well as an inflammation of lymph nodes and vessels.Advertisement
- My eyes were nearly swollen shut and my feet and ankles looked like I had elephantiasis.
- Elephantiasis, influenza, rheumatism, and a skin disease, thoko, also occur.
- Scrofula and various forms of lupus are common among the natives throughout the country and especially in the interior; elephantiasis is frequently met with on the coast.