Electroplating sentence example
- electroplate'Method for electroplating complex items composed of copper or its alloys ', UK Patent 123 870, 1950.
- The base of the cooler has a polished nickel electroplating around a solid copper foot allowing for superior contact with the CPU.
- A cyanide bath, as used in electroplating, would dissolve the gold, but is not suitable for refining, because other metals (silver, copper, &c.) passing with gold into the solution would deposit with it.
- Soon afterwards, William Cruickshank decomposed the magnesium, sodium and ammonium chlorides, and precipitated silver and copper from their solutions - an observation which led to the process of electroplating.
- The former is typified by electroplating and the latter by chemical and physical vapor deposition.Advertisement
- electroplatefamous names to be found in the records are Elkington & Company Ltd, who patented their electroplating processes in the 1830s.
- electroplateoride an important component in some nickel electroplating baths?
- This is done using advanced photolithography and electroplating techniques.
- Electroplating steel spokes puts a compressive stress into their surface, dangerously shortening their fatigue life.
- vapourformer is typified by electroplating and the latter by chemical and physical vapor deposition.Advertisement
- Reference must be made to the textbooks (see Electrochemistry) for a fuller account of the very varied solutions and methods employed for electroplating with silver, gold, copper, iron and nickel.
- It should be mentioned here, however, that solutions which would deposit their metal on any object by simple immersion should not be generally used for electroplating that object, as the resulting deposit is usually non-adhesive.
- An interesting example of secondary action is shown by the common technical process of electroplating with silver from a bath of potassium silver cyanide.
- ELECTROPLATING, the art of depositing metals by the electric current.
- ELECTROTYPING, an application of the art of electroplating to typography.Advertisement