Electrophysiological sentence example
- diagnostic audiology: Assessment of complex hearing problems using a variety of electrophysiological techniques.
- Electrophysiological analysis suggests that VA opsin horizontal cells are intrinsically photosensitive and encode irradiance information.
- Morgane, P.M. (1961) Electrophysiological studies of feeding and satiety centers in the rat.
- His electrophysiological studies aim to determine the mechanisms by which new synapses form.
- Because a reliable subjective response is difficult or impossible in a young patient electrophysiological testing is often performed.Advertisement
- Electrophysiological testing is a reliable and nonbehavioral method to assess hearing loss in infants and young children and can be done while the child is either sleeping or under sedation.
- Some electrophysiological tests are the auditory brainstem response (ABR) test, auditory steady-state response (ASSR) testing, electroencephalic audiometry (EEG) test, and otoacoustic emission testing (OAE).
- To perform the auditory brainstem response (ABR) test, headphones are placed on the infant or child and electrophysiological responses from the scalp and ears are recorded in response to tones sent through the headphones.
- Sometimes electrophysiological techniques are used to assess various types of central auditory processing including auditory discrimination.