Electrometers sentence example
- 1 See Lord Kelvin, " Report on Electrometers and Electrostatic Measurements," Brit.
- Electroscopes and electrometers, therefore, standing in proximity to electrified bodies can be perfectly shielded from influence by enclosing them in cylinders of metal gauze.
- There are methods of measuring electrical power by means of electrostatic voltmeters, or of quadrant electrometers adapted for the purpose, which when so employed may be called electrostatic wattmeters.
- 9) used by him in connexion with his electrometers for maintaining their charge, closely resembles that of Belli's doubler and will be understood from fig.
- The most important improvements in connexion with electrometers are due, however, to Lord Kelvin, who introduced the guard plate and used gravity or the torsion of a wire as a means for evaluating the electrical forces.Advertisement
- Symmetrical Electrometers include the dry pile electrometer and Kelvin's quadrant electrometer.
- Quadrant electrometers have also been designed especially for measuring extremely small potential differences.
- Winkelmann, Handbuch der Physik (Breslau, 1905), pp. 58-70, which contains a large number of references to original papers on electrometers.
- Their game the woman who used electrometers or electroscopes the same type.
- His ampere-balances, voltmeters and electrometers, and double bridge, are elsewhere described in detail (see Amperemeter; Electrometer, and Wheatstone'S Bridge).Advertisement
- Lord Kelvin has classified electrometers into (I) Repulsion, (2) Attracted disk, and (3) Symmetrical electrometers (see VV.