Electromagnetism sentence example
- Firstly, he brought about the final consolidation of electricity and magnetism into a single self-consistent theory of electromagnetism.
- Arago's previous investigations in the new science of electromagnetism, and crowned that labour by the announcement of his great discovery of the dynamical action between conductors conveying the electric currents.
- Telegraphy The first message or ' telegram ' sent by a telegraph using electromagnetism was in 1833.
- More recently attempts to incorporate electromagnetism into general relativity have been made by Wheeler.
- It also discusses electromagnetism, Solar magnetism, dynamo theory, ocean floor magnetization, and the magnetospheres of the Earth and the planets.Advertisement
- The " advanced physics " package covers electromagnetism, quantum and nuclear physics and thermodynamics in twenty simulations.
- Students should know classical electromagnetism and quantum mechanics before attending this course.
- For example, in 1861-65 James Clerk Maxwell explained the interrelation of electric and magnetic fields in his unified theory of electromagnetism.
- With suitable arrangements of iron and coil and a sufficiently strong current, the intensity of the temporary magnetization may be very high, and electromagnets capable of lifting weights of several tons are in daily use in engineering works (see Electromagnetism).
- These researches gave us the electromagnet, almost as potent an instrument of research and invention as the pile itself (see Electromagnetism).Advertisement
- Thomson (afterwards Lord Kelvin) in 1849 that while no physical evidence could be adduced in support of the hypothesis, certain discoveries, especially in electromagnetism, rendered it extremely improbable (Reprint, p. 344).
- Phillips: "I am busy just now again on electromagnetism, and think I have got hold of a good thing, but can't say.
- In 1855 he brought these researches to a conclusion by a general article on magnetic philosophy, having placed the whole subject of magnetism and electromagnetism on an entirely novel and solid basis.
- Gauss's system of absolute units to electromagnetism, Thomson took up the question, and, applying the principles of energy, calculated the absolute electromotive force of a Daniell cell, and determined the absolute measure of the resistance of a wire from the heat produced in it by a known current.
- The first paper of Maxwell's in which an attempt at an admissible physical theory of electromagnetism was made was communicated to the Royal Society in 1867.Advertisement
- It is on the service that he rendered to science in establishing the relations between electricity and magnetism, and in developing the science of electromagnetism, or, as he called it, electrodynamics, that Ampere's fame mainly rests.