Electrical-energy sentence example
- (3) The Absolute Or Mechanical Unit, The Quantity Of Heat Equivalent To A Given Quantity Of Mechanical Or Electrical Energy.
- Noise - The word " noise " originated in audio practice and refers to random spurts of electrical energy or interference.
- To produce a steady supply of electricity, power systems engineers introduce a battery storage unit that stores up the electrical energy produced when there's a lot of sunlight.
- The turning blades connect to a main drive shaft that spins a generator, converting the kinetic energy to electrical energy.
- The photocathode converts the few photons that strike it into a corresponding pattern of electrical energy called electrons.Advertisement
- Consider an elementary couple of two metals A and B for which s has the values s and s" respectively, with junctions at the temperature T and T+dT (absolute), at which the coefficients of the Peltier effect are P and P+dP. Equating the quantity of heat absorbed to the quantity of electrical energy generated, we have by the first law of thermodynamics the relation dE/dT =dP/dT+(s' - s").
- It can couple enough electrical energy to cause upset and burn out in electronic circuits on a wide scale.
- High Voltage Transformer: The high voltage transformer is the electrical converter that moves the electrical energy to the magnetron.
- It assists the brakes in slowing the car down but also uses that mechanical energy to recharge the car's batteries by turning it into electrical energy.
- A more convenient unit of work or energy, in practice, on account of the smallness of the erg, is the joule, which is equal to 10.7 ergs, or one watt-second of electrical energy.Advertisement
- On this hypothesis, if we confine our attention to one of the two metals, say p", in which the current is supposed to flow from hot to cold, we observe that p"dT expresses the quantity of heat converted into electrical energy per unit of electricity by an E.M.F.
- The captured vapors are burned to generate enough electrical energy for the Shell grid to compensate for the new loading gantry 's consumption.
- This sequence of events requires molecules that respond to electrical energy and then interact with other molecular mechanisms which release the chemical neurotransmitters.
- The reaction as before is completely expressed by the chemical equation Zn+H2S04 =ZnSO 4 H+ 2, the initial and final systems being exactly the same as in the first case; yet the amount of heat generated by the action is much smaller, a quantity of the intrinsic energy having been converted into electrical energy.
- Other convenient practical units of the same kind would be the watt-hour, 3600 joules, which is of the same order of magnitude as the kilocalorie, and the kilowatt-hour, which is the ordinary commercial unit of electrical energy.Advertisement
- They are basically large, flat devices that collect solar radiation and convert that energy to electrical energy.
- Here is a simple explanation of how a turbine turns wind energy to electrical energy.
- The absorption of heat was considered as representing an equivalent conversion of heat energy into electrical energy in the element.