Electric-fields sentence example
- Of late years many experiments have been made on the influence of electric fields or currents on plant growth.
- The aether is taken to be at rest; and the strain-forms belonging to the atoms are the electric fields of the intrinsic charges, or electrones, involved in their constitution.
- The attraction of radon decay products to sources of power frequency electric fields has been demonstrated by Henshaw et al (1996 ).
- This resource provides concise descriptions of the key features surrounding electric fields.
- discordant pairs, giving an Odds Ratio of 2.86 (for ELF electric fields ).Advertisement
- Feychting and Ahlbom's large scale 1992 Swedish study did not measure electric fields at all.
- The same authors produce evidence to suggest that cells are capable of using electric fields in ion pumping.
- Both the above studies were using strong electric fields (e.g.
- Nevertheless when the UKCCCR electric fields study finally appeared reporting negative findings, its glaring flaws were not commented on.
- instructive to compare magnetic with electric fields.Advertisement
- Only where overhead feeder lines occur, are electric fields likely to exceed a few volts per meter.
- As already mentioned, all efforts to assimilate optical propagation to transmission of waves in an ordinary solid medium have failed; and though the idea of regions of intrinsic strain, as for example in unannealed glass, is familiar in physics, yet on account of the absence of mobility of the strain no attempt had been made to employ them to illustrate the electric fields of atomic charges.