Electoral-district sentence example
- The franchise is adult suffrage, conditional on a previous residence in the colony for a year, including six months in the electoral district for which a claim to vote is registered.
- The following has been accepted as a clear definition of what proportional representation is:- " Each electoral district has the number of its members apportioned in accordance with the total strength of each party or political programme in that district.
- In an electoral district with 32,000 votes which returns eight deputies, four parties send up candidates, let us say, eight Catholics, eight Liberals, eight Socialists and one Catholic-Democrat.
- The members receive a salary of 1200 kronor (£66), and are elected for a period of three years by electors, or directly, according to the resolution of the electoral district.
- Each electoral district returns one member.Advertisement
- AIBONITO, an inland town of the electoral district of Guayama, Porto Rico, on the highway between San Juan and Ponce, 25 m.