Electoral-colleges sentence example
- These three bodies were to be chosen by three electoral colleges consisting of (a) landed proprietors, (b) learned men.
- Three electoral colleges were formed instead of four; a considerable addition R of the was made to the numbers of the senate and chamber; Consti- trial by jury was established for press offences, except those committed against the royal family and the 1883-84.
- Members are elected by electoral colleges and further suitable members are co-opted by each committee.
- The members of the Duma are elected by electoral colleges in each government, and these in their turn are elected, like the zemstvos (see below), by electoral assemblies chosen by the three classes of landed proprietors, citizens and peasants.
- No peasant, however rich, could qualify for a vote in any but the peasants' electoral colleges.Advertisement